Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, AWS, AngularJS, React
Python, PHP, MySQL, Thrift
- Back-end12 years
- Agile8 years
- PostgreSQL8 years
- Python7 years
- Ruby on Rails (RoR)4 years
- GraphQL2 years
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
Git, Ruby, Rails, SQL Databases, Redis, Python
The most amazing
piece of software I've ever built is a multiple video format encoder that provides the best video quality depending on the user's bandwidth.
Wealthsimple 2015 - Present
- Developed and led the development of a fleet of new microservices to solve business problems around transactions, funding, promotions, fees, and many other domains.
- Led a product-focused team of five developers with consistent deliveries and real impact on the business.
- Improved operational excellence and reduced the burden of maintaining services in real time—resulting in a smaller volume of client support tickets.
- Supported and championed the implementation of the end-to-end tests using Cypress.io.
- Maintained and provided reusable dependencies and tooling used by all engineers in the organization
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, AWS, AngularJS, React
Kira Talent 2014 - 2015
- Built a video-interview platform.
- Developed and maintained back end and front end of applications.
- Implemented an Ansible solution to easily and quickly spin up new video processing servers when servers are under heavy load.
- Created features behind the feature flags—resulting in that the deployments were made as soon as possible and the features had real clients as early testers.
Yahoo! 2011 - 2012
- Developed and maintained a Tumblr/Twitter-like application at a scale of millions of consumers per month.
- Replaced legacy software in one of the shortest timelines that the company has ever seen.
Technologies: Python, PHP, MySQL, Thrift
Launch of a New Product Line (Development)
I've led and developed a new product line that has grown to be an important business unit of the company. The project is live today and it lasted nine months until public launch; it included several iterations and testing phases (internal only with friends, family, and early adopters).
Automation of Manual Processes (Development)
Throughout my career, I've participated in the automation of several manual processes. Previously, they took days to weeks and required a person doing time-consuming tasks like printing files, clicking checkboxes, verifying multiple data sources, and so on. Step by step, these processes were automated until minimum acceptable work was required to keep these operational.
Private Slack Bot (Development)
This Slack bot is capable of answering common company-wide requests and aggregates data from other sources for easy consumption.
Open-source Linter Extension (Development)https://github.com/wealthsimple/rubocop-vendor
After analyzing our codebase, we decided to introduce linters that would check for incorrect usage of our integration partners, suggest the correct approach, and in many cases auto-correct the code.
Video Transcoding and Bandwidth Detector (Development)
While developing a video interviewing platform, we had users all over the world. It became evident that we needed to transcode videos in several quality versions so that we would serve the best video for that user's bandwidth to prevent buffering, poor experiences, and increase the likelihood they can complete their interview.
Personal eCommerce Website (Development)https://github.com/cabello/django-jobim
When moving countries, I had to get rid of all my stuff but two boxes of personal belongings. I did that by implementing a custom eCommerce website in Django/MySQL and made it open source.
Yahoo! Meme (Development)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Meme
This is a micro-blogging platform launched in emergent markets that gathered thousands of monthly active users; it was a blend between Twitter and Tumblr.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Flask, Cypress.io, AngularJS
jQuery, REST APIs, React, Vue.js, Rails Engines, Node.js
RSpec, AWS SQS, SNS, ECR, Docker, Ansible
Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile, Extreme Programming, E2E Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Management
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, AWS RDS, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB
Back-end, Front-end, APIs (REST, GraphQL), Agile (Scrum, Kanban, eXtreme Programming), Technical Leadership, Integration Testing, Mentoring
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering 2006 - 2010
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - Campinas, Brazil
Talk Master CertificationSeptember 2018 - Present